Universal is heading to CinemaCon 2023 tonight with a 2-hour panel full of updates and expected footage to be revealed, such as trailers for projects such as Five Nights at Freddy’s also expected to be unveiled, and you can read about it live as it happens from the comfort of your screen inside this article.
The Universal panel at the 2023 CinemaCon officially begins at 4 pm (PST) and will last for two hours until 6 pm (PST), plenty of time for the studio and distributor to reveal various updates for their upcoming projects, including Fast X and Five Nights at Freddy’s, among others.
Universal CinemaCon 2023 Panel – Live
- … stay tuned for Universal’s CinemaCon 2023 panel to begin.
- Jason Blum (Blumhouse) has teased news for CinemaCon, most likely for Five Nights at Freddy’s.
- Universal’s CinemaCon panel is about to begin!
Note: Follow us on Twitter @CoveredGeekly for even more updates, news, and footage descriptions – plus to see our CinemaCon coverage for tomorrow’s Paramount Pictures and Lionsgate panels.
- Christopher Nolan says he knows of “no more dramatic tale with higher stakes and extraordinary twists and turns” than the story of Oppenheimer.
- Footage of Wicked was just shown, showing characters, including Ariana Grande’s Glinda, walking down a long hallway together.
- Footage of Oppenheimer was shown with Robert Downey Jr.’s character holding a meeting where he says “The Russians have a bomb, we’re supposed to be years ahead”.
- The new trailer for Oppenheimer has been confirmed to be coming out in two weeks.
Expect full footage and trailer descriptions, if not released publicly, here at CoveredGeekly sometime soon – follow us on Twitter @CoveredGeekly to see the descriptions.
- Founder of Illumination, Chris Meledandri, says The Super Mario Bros. Movie is proof of the enduring power of the experience at the cinema.
- Kumail Nanjiani, Elizabeth Banks, Keegan-Michael Key, Awkwafina, and Danny DeVito have been confirmed for Illumination’s Migration movie.
Watch the official trailer for Illumination’s Migration here.
- Jason Blum is here!
- Jason Blum says that returning franchises and original storytelling need each other to co-exist.
- David Gordon Green’s reboot of The Exorcist will be titled The Exorcist: Believer.
- Jason Blum tells the audience at CinemaCon that David Gordon Green’s The Exorcist: Believer comes from another idea from Green to reinvent and restart an iconic horror franchise.
- Footage of The Exorcist: Believer was just shown, we’ll be sure to describe it for you all over on our Twitter, let’s just say… the footage is definitely worthy of The Exorcist-level of horror.
- Ellen Burstyn returns as revealed in the first trailer for The Exorcist: Believer.
Blumhouse shared both exclusive footage and trailers for their upcoming projects, follow us on Twitter @CoveredGeekly so you don’t miss our full description posts later today.
- Mike Mitchell will be the director of Kung Fu Panda 4.
- The first trailer for Kung Fu Panda 4 is being shown right now.
- The antagonist to Po in Kung Fu Panda 4 will be known as The Chameleon, Po’s biggest threat yet.
- Jack Black’s Po will be passing the torch as Dragon Warrior in Kung Fu Panda 4, with his new foe The Chameleon also having the ability to summon villains from Po’s past.
- Sam Taylor-Johnson’s biopic about Amy Winehouse entitled Back To Black has officially wrapped filming.
- Universal has around 15 minutes left with the panel set to finish at around 6 pm (PST).
- The trailer for Drive-Away Dolls by Ethan Coen, starring Pedro Pascal and Matt Damon, was shown to the audience.
- Vin Diesel just said that the Fast & Furious franchise is the longest-running motion picture franchise that has the same actors throughout.
- Vin Diesel says there is a part two of Fast X which is coming in 2025, “This summer is only the beginning of Fast X”.
- The first look at Wicked is now being shown at CinemaCon.
- The first clip of The Fall Guy, starring Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt, was just shown.
Universal’s CinemaCon 2023 panel has now ended, check back with us tomorrow for live coverage of Paramount Pictures and Lionsgate CinemaCon panels by following us on Twitter @CoveredGeekly.