New filming information has been reportedly revealed for Marvel Studios’ 2024 series Daredevil: Born Again for Disney Plus. Filming for the new series only began about a week or so ago, as of writing this news article, with set images from New York’s Yonkers, Harlem, and Williamsburg already emerging online. There have also been some new casting revelations since shooting began such as the return of Jon Bernthal as the Punisher, and the recasting of Ayelet Zurer’s Vanessa from the Netflix run, with Sandrine Holt now set to play the role of Kingpin’s wife.
Despite the impressive amount of recent news on Charlie Cox’s new Daredevil reboot, more reported information has been released via the well-known industry insider Daniel Richtman, with a detailed list of characters who will reportedly be appearing throughout episodes that will be filmed in April of 2023.
‘Daredevil: Born Again’ April Filming Report Details
This new list of roles for Daredevil: Born Again reveals a total of 7 characters, along with names and details on their importance to the series.
- The first character listed in the report is named Regina, detailed as an “Asian-American female in her/their 30s”, who will also be portraying an NYPD Detective who will be a recurring guest performer throughout the episodes being filmed in April.
- The second character on the list is called Sam, a male in “his/their mid 40s to 50s, any ethnicity” who will be playing a working-class individual with a criminal record of various petty crimes, also listed as a guest performer.
- Third, there is Danny, an “Irish male in his/their mid 30s to 40s” who will be speaking in a Northern Irish accent, and also be “muscular, strong, alert, and a natural leader”, Danny is also listed in the report as a guest performer for the show.
- Next up and fourth on the list is Chlqe, a “white female in her/their 30s” who will portray a successful and well-dressed celebrity stylist according to the report. Chlqe will also be speaking in an Irish accent and be a guest performer for the Disney+ MCU series. Just for extra clarity, “Chlqe” is how the name is spelt on the report, it will most likely be pronounced as “Chloe”.
- The fifth character on the list is called Irina, a “white female of Eastern European descent in her/their 30s”, detailed as being scrappy, irreverent, and self-assured. Irina is interestingly revealed in this new report to being an Assistant District Attorney, who will only be a guest performer for one day in April, with the potential to recur throughout filming.
- Sixth, we have Erankie, an “Italian American male in his/their 50s” who works as a sanitation worker that is also a loyal Rangers fan. Details on Erankie state that his character will be a co-star and will recur in 1 more episode in the series, however, it also states that Erankie will only have one speech and two lines of dialogue in multiple scenes during the April shoot.
- Last on the list is a character called Quinn, a “female in her/their 20s“ who likes to “party with her girlfriend“, also listed as a co-star who will have 4 lines of dialogue during the shoot.
Daredevil: Born Again is set to release in 2024 exclusively to Disney Plus.