The final runtime for rising star Xolo Maridueña’s next movie Blue Beetle, which releases in a month, has reportedly been revealed.
Sharing the screen with Maridueña (“Cobra Kai”) is Adriana Barraza (“Rambo: Last Blood,” “Thor”) portraying Jaime’s grandmother, Nana, with Damían Alcázar (“Narcos,” “Narcos: Mexico”) as his father, and Raoul Max Trujillo (the “Sicario” films, “Mayans M.C.”) as Carapax, among others.
Academy Award winner Susan Sarandon (“Monarch,” “Dead Man Walking”) plays Victoria Kord, and George Lopez (the “Rio” and “Smurf” franchises) portrays Jaime’s Uncle Rudy.
Additionally, the movie features Elpidia Carrillo (“Mayans M.C.,” the “Predator” films) as his mother, Bruna Marquezine (“Maldivas,” “God Save the King”) portraying Jenny Kord, Belissa Escobedo (“American Horror Stories,” “Hocus Pocus 2”) as Jaime’s sister, Milagro, and Harvey Guillén (“What We Do in the Shadows”) playing Dr. Sanchez.
‘Blue Beetle’ Runtime Revealed
According to The Movie Database‘s official page for Blue Beetle, the movie has a runtime of 2 hours and 7 minutes.
However, the website is a community-built database, which gives us no official confirmation regarding the film’s runtime. The authenticity and reliability of The Movie Database has not been proven yet, so take this news with a grain of salt.
Other sources such as the British Board of Film Classification have yet to report the estimated runtime, and so do major theater chains.
The film has been rated PG-13 by the MPA for sequences of action and violence, language, and some suggestive references.
For comparison, here is the entire list of DCEU movie runtimes, ranked in descending order:
- Zack Snyder’s Justice League (2021): 4 hours and 2 minutes
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016): 2 hours and 32 minutes
- Wonder Woman 1984 (2020): 2 hours and 31 minutes
- The Flash (2023): 2 hours and 24 minutes
- Man of Steel (2013): 2 hours and 23 minutes
- Aquaman (2018): 2 hours and 23 minutes
- Wonder Woman (2017): 2 hours and 21 minutes
- Shazam! (2019): 2 hours and 12 minutes
- The Suicide Squad (2021): 2 hours and 12 minutes
- Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2023): 2 hours and 10 minutes
- Blue Beetle (2023): 2 hours and 7 minutes.
- Suicide Squad (2016): 2 hours and 5 minutes
- Black Adam (2022): 2 hours and 5 minutes
- Justice League (2017): 2 hours
- Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey (2020): 1 hour and 49 minutes
What We Know About ‘Blue Beetle’
Ángel Manuel Soto (“Charm City Kings”) takes the helm as the director, working from a screenplay written by Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer (“Miss Bala”). The screenplay is based on characters from DC.
John Rickard and Zev Foreman are serving as producers, while Walter Hamada, Galen Vaisman, and Garrett Grant are taking on the roles of executive producers.
You can read the synopsis of the movie below:
Recent college grad Jaime Reyes returns home full of aspirations for his future, only to find that home is not quite as he left it. As he searches to find his purpose in the world, fate intervenes when Jaime unexpectedly finds himself in possession of an ancient relic of alien biotechnology: the Scarab. When the Scarab suddenly chooses Jaime to be its symbiotic host, he is bestowed with an incredible suit of armor capable of extraordinary and unpredictable powers, forever changing his destiny as he becomes the Super Hero BLUE BEETLE.
Blue Beetle soars into theaters only internationally beginning August 2023 and in North America August 18, 2023.
Source: The Movie Database