When the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) first commenced with Iron Man in 2008, people loved the suit to such an extent that Marvel themselves changed the comics’ suit to look similar to the MCU suit. Not only that, but they also changed Tony Stark’s face itself to look similar to RDJ(Robert Downey Junior)‘s face.
During phase the first 3 phases of the MCU, many other characters were also going through such changes to encourage moviegoers to read comics as well. However, they completely flipped their formula and made their existing characters more comic-accurate.
Today, we’ve listed the first part of our Top 20 Comic-Accurate Suits in the MCU.
20. Young Thor [Thor: Love and Thunder] (2022)
19. Captain America [Captain America: The First Avenger] (2011)
In Captain America: The First Avenger, Steve Rogers was made to tour the nation in a colorful costume as “Captain America” to promote war bonds while scientists study him and attempt to reverse-engineer the super-soldier serum. During this time, he wore a comic-accurate suit.
18. Vision [WandaVision] (2021)
In the 6th episode of WandaVision, the town of Westview celebrated Halloween, in which Vision wore a costume to resemble a Mexican wrestler, which was a fun nod to Vision in the comics.
17. Baron Zemo [Falcon And The Winter Soldier] (2021)
In the 3rd episode of Falcon And The Winter Soldier, Baron Zemo killed Dr. Wilfred Nagel, who had recreated the super-soldier serum, and escaped the facility. During this brief moment, he wore a purple mask which is what the character wore in the comics.
16. Classic Loki [Loki] (2021)
In the void, multiple versions of Loki existed, out of which one was Classic Loki( portrayed by Richard E. Grant). He looked exactly as Loki did in the comics, and was an older, more experienced version of the character.
15. Quicksilver [WandaVision] (2021)
Also in the 6th episode of WandaVision, Evan Peters( who also portrayed quicksilver in the X-Men movies) donned the comic-accurate outfit of Quicksilver.
14. Ego [Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2] (2017)
13. Abomination [Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings] (2021)
Abomination(Emil Blonsky), who made his first appearance in The Incredible Hulk(2008), appeared once again in Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings, in a fight club in Macau. He was having a fighting session with Wong and had a completely redesigned look, which was much more comic-accurate than the previous version.
12. Ms. Marvel [Ms. Marvel] (2022)
Ms. Marvel, an upcoming series will feature Kamala Khan who gets superpowers and becomes just like the superhero she looked up to, but at what cost?
11. U.S. Agent [Falcon And The Winter Soldier] (2021)
John Walker was chosen to take up the mantle of Captain America after Steve Rogers’ death(or is it?), but after Sam Wilson(Falcon) and Bucky Barnes(The Winter Soldier) defeated him and took away the shield, Valentina Allegra de Fontaine hired him as the U.S. Agent.
10. Red Skull [Captain America: The First Avenger] (2011)
Even though Captain America: The First Avenger was among Marvel Studios’ very first movies, it gave Red Skull a very menacing look with every single pixel from the comics being brought to life on the big screen.
9. Captain Marvel [Captain Marvel] (2019)
Captain Marvel was adapted very accurately in the MCU, and one of these factors was her costume. Everything from the Captain Marvel emblem to the red and blue colors defined her and gave her an indistinguishable look from the comics.
8. Scarlet Witch [WandaVision] (2021)
Also in the 6th episode of WandaVision, the town of Westview celebrated Halloween, in which Wanda wore a costume to resemble a Sokovian Fortune-Teller, which was a fun nod to The Scarlet Witch in the comics.
7. Hawkeye [Hawkeye] (2021)
Hawkeye’s new outfit, which was designed by LARPer Missy, is similar to a long-sleeved version of what he wears in the Fraction comics.
6. Kate Bishop [Hawkeye] (2021)
5. Mr. Knight [Moon Knight] (2022)
4. Star-Lord [Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3] (2023)
In some recent set images, The GOTG lineup was spotted wearing their comic-accurate costumes.
3. Mighty Thor [Thor: Love And Thunder] (2022)
2. Doctor Strange [Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness] (2022)
Marvel changed Doctor Strange’s suit to look more comic accurate in Doctor Strange 2, but did you know that this was Kevin Feige’s decision? Click here to learn more.
1. Spider-Man [Spider-Man: No Way Home] (2021)
In the final scene of Spider-Man: No Way Home, Peter designed a new suit that was inspired by the suit designs of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield’s versions of Spider-Man and was the most comic-accurate out of any depiction in live-action.
MCU 2022 Release Timeline
- Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness [Movie]
Release Date – 6th May 2022
- Ms. Marvel [Series]
Release Date – 8th June 2022
- Thor: Love And Thunder [Movie]
Release Date – 8th July 2022
- Marvel Studios’ Halloween Special [Special]
Release Date – October 2022
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever [Movie]
Release Date – 11th November 2022
- The Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special [Special]
Release Date – December 2022
- What…If? Season 2 [Series]
Release Date – Late 2022
- I Am Groot [Shorts]
Release Date – Late 2022
- She-Hulk [Series]
Release Date – Late 2022